Saturday, May 25, 2013

One Way to Remember



Remembering: It’s a worthy act when we stop to partake with grace. When we remember those before us who cleared the road ahead or laid the foundations or laid down their lives.

Out of curiosity I looked up the word remember in a Bible reference and found a varied list:

Remember the Sabbath day …
Remember that you were slaves …
Remember, O Lord, your great mercy …
Remember your creator …
Remember the poor …
Remember my chains ...
Do this in remembrance of Me …



“I will remember my covenant 
between me and you and 
  all living creatures of every kind.” 
  Gen. 9:15
 


Many have died to obtain our freedoms, and we pause and think of them this Memorial Day. May we impart the grace of gratitude as we take time to say,

“I thank my God every time I remember you.” Phil. 1:3

No comments:

Post a Comment